Performing on the Main Stage
The festival is organised to promote local artists, so if you would like to perform over the weekend, send us a press pack or a sample of your music. We promise to do our very best to listen to everything we receive!
Please email your press packs to email@example.com
Our music policy is outlined below:
- The Festival policy is to only book acts that are from, or based in Leeds and to give extra weighting to acts that come from the Chapel Allerton area.
- We don’t book the same act two years running. We generally don’t book tribute or cover bands although this applies less to jazz where re-interpreting classic songs is an accepted practice.
- We try to cover a broad range of styles, ages and backgrounds in the programme.
- We aim to pay all musicians an equal fee up to 6 piece acts, above that we may offer slightly less per performer and choirs and big bands will get an average fee.
- We do allow ourselves some leeway to negotiate headliner fees as necessary.
- A pattern has emerged over the years of:
- Friday evening being rockier
- Saturday daytime being a varied mix
- Saturday evening ending with something danceable
- Sunday mainly featuring jazz
Please note, these aren’t strict rules, but more guidelines.